Thursday, August 23, 2012

Celebrating One Year!

Wow, I know I'm not always the best at keeping track of time, but I almost let this slip past me. The House on the Corner: First Person Edition is officially one year old today! And I almost forgot. No, I almost didn't even think about it. It's not like I was thinking about it and, then, forgot; I wasn't thinking about it at all, but it got brought to my attention. But, anyway...
There it is... One year of House! Well, sort of, but that's another story. Looking at the cover, I'm inspired to once again thank the amazing Rusty Webb for his work on it. I was seriously at a complete loss as to what I was going to do as far as the cover went before I met Rusty, and I can't thank him enough for the awesome job he did. A job which completely surpassed any and all expectations I ever had.

I'd also like to thank each and every one of you that has taken the time to read my book and, especially, thank those of you that have written a review and/or left a rating for it. Those review things are gold for an author, so I appreciate the time it took you, whether it was 5 minutes or 6 hours, to do that for me.

I thought about running a contest, but, really, I couldn't think of anything that seemed extremely interesting. I mean, contest participation, at least when I've done them, has always been a little less than I could hope for. But, still... one year... so I decided to let the last year be the contest, and, in light of that, I'm awarding Briane Pagel the "Biggest Fan" award. Briane has been, by far, the most supportive (adult) person I know of my book and, actually, of all of my projects. He has relentlessly posted about  them and given them out as prizes in his own contests and all sorts of things. I wish I had a cool little blog stamp or something for that, but I'm no good with those things and didn't think of all of this in time to ask someone else (>cough< Rusty) to do it. Since I don't have a cool blog stamp for you, Briane, I suppose you will have to settle for a signed copy of House. I hope that works for you.

Okay, so, well, I lied. I will have a contest, but the prize won't be as cool as what Briane got. I'll hand out some e-copies of House to one or more people, but you have to earn them. The copy can be for you, or it can be a gift for someone else (as long as the someone else has an email address). All you have to do is tell me, in the comment section, why it is I should give you a copy. Or your friend. Be persuasive. Assuming at least one person leaves a response, I'll give away at least one copy. I might hand out more if I get more than one particularly persuasive comment. The only thing I'd ask is that you leave a review after you read it.
I'll announce winners on Monday.

[EDIT: Okay, Briane says I should offer the signed copy up as a prize (because he doesn't like those stuffy, old "real" books and prefers those that you can't actually hold in your hands), so I will. The 1st winner will have an option between a signed physical copy or an e-copy, if that is preferred. Thanks!]

Thank you all for being around the old blog over the past year and more, for reading this stuff I throw out into... well, whatever this is, and supporting all this stuff I've been working on.
Speaking of which, make sure you come back Monday for the free promotion for "Part Three: The Bedroom"!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on one year! Remind me to mention part three on Monday for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already have a copy...which I will get to very soon. Hmmm, may even begin this week since it's a one year anniversary (and no I won't mention that you forgot your wedding anniversary but remembered your book anniversary? -- okay, I just did. :P)

    And, yes, great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew -- Congrats on the anniversary.

    I think you should give the signed copy away as the prize. While I'd love an autograph because someday you're going to be accepting some sort of award for this and you'll be the next JK Rowling only less litigious, I prefer e-books.

    But the reason I trumpet your writing is because it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'House' was a really great read. Loved it and recommend it to everyone! Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the one year milestone for your book! I passed it along on Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex: Thanks! And, maybe, I reminded you? Or do you want an email?

    L.G.: Hey, that would be great!
    I didn't actually, on my own, remember the anniversary of my book. The date got waved in my face this week, and I realized, "Oh! That's this week!" :P

    Briane: If you say so... putting in the edit in a moment. Still, I appreciate you. Just thought you should know.

    Cathy: Thanks! And I appreciate the recommendation :)

    G_G: Wow! Thanks! I appreciate that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an accomplishment and congratulations. Wonderful to know that talented writers are being read.

    I will be 50 this year and I'm hoping that the date slips by me unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ravena: Thanks!

    Anne: Well, I hope I'm being read. From the sales, I can't actually say that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the one year! I will be checking out your book :)


    New follower....

    http://demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Demitria: Glad to have you aboard! Thanks for stopping in :)

    ReplyDelete